Award – $500
At Drum Major Empowerment, we believe in opportunity and access to education. We want to assist in making that possible through the Drum Major Instinct Scholarship Award.
About The Scholarship:
On February 4,1968, just two months before Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s assasination, he delivered “The Drum Major Instinct” sermon in Atlanta, Georgia. In this message, he described being a Drum Major, or leader, for positive change. We want to support you as you further your education and make a positive difference in the world. For this program, we will award three (3) $500 scholarship awards to students attending an accredited post secondary institution.
- Open to high school graduates, who participated in a student organization and are enrolled in an accredited college or university for the Fall 2021 semester.
- You must be at least sixteen (16) years of age or older at the time of application. For entrants under the age of majority where you reside, you must obtain the consent of a parent or legal guardian to participate.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university for the fall 2021 semester. Proof of enrollment will be required by the Drum Major Empowerment Scholarship Foundation, Inc. .
- Applications that are incomplete or inaccurate will be subject to disqualification.
- One (1) scholarship application allowed per person per email address. New “winners” will be chosen every scholarship application period. Entries are only valid for the application period that they are submitted.
- Application essays will be judged based on content, grammar, style, and originality.
- Three Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $500.
- Prizes will be awarded directly to the university. Winners will be notified by email.
- Household income must not exceed $100,000
How to Apply
To be considered for the Drum Major Instinct Scholarship Award, you must complete the form below and provide a 500 word response to the following questions.
How will you utilize your education and experience participating in student activities to contribute to your community?
[Submissions will be accepted from 8:00 a.m. ET on June 1, 2021 until 11:59 p.m., ET, on July 1, 2021.]